Pages

Tuesday 4 December 2012

Sorted

I have spent many evening in the last few weeks sorting out my bead stash. It had gotten to the point where you couldn't open the cupboard without something falling on your head! All the beads were in shopping bags and shoved into any nook or cranny. In short, it was chaos! So I began to sort everything, all pearls together into one box, all gemstones into another. Having first spent a small fortune on plastic boxes ;) . All findings of a type (like earring findings) together in compartmentalised boxes. So now I have a perfectly (more-or-less) sorted bead stash, only one problem...I cant find where I put anything! and the cupboard is so full that to get out whatever box I need, I first have to take out another three! Sigh.

The show on Saturday wasn't great. I like the fact that it was a nice substantial show, but the weather turned unexpectedly bad and I didn't think to take a coat so I froze! I think perhaps the bad weather also scared off the crowds. So we didn't make many sales (one, in fact). But another stall holder, a silversmith, with some lovely pieces there, was impressed with my designs and asked if she brought me some pearls and gemstones, weather I would be interested in making some stuff for her, so I will be back there this Saturday to see what happens.

I sat down to make some new things one evening last week and had one of those sessions where nothing wants to work! I think the problem was that I had two different ideas in my head and no real plan about what I wanted to make. Sometimes sitting down without a plan can produce a great design but often all it produces is an unholy mess, that takes me several days to clean-up, in fact I still havnt done so!


Ok I have talked far too much again!
Keep well and stay sane while doing your Christmas shopping.Cheers



I dont know if I ever showed this to you. Its a bracelet I made for one of my best customers, she wanted something to give a friend for her 70th birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment