Pages

Monday 15 October 2012

Lotsa new beads!

What a week I have had! last monday afternoon saw me knee deep in boxes and dusty beads.   The beads originate from the lady in Irene I told you about in my last post who offered me a look at her old stock from the bead shop she closed down. Boy there were some real treasures in all those old boxes.There were some gorgeous findings in a variety of metals and finishes and well and ethiopian, indian and bali silver which is not only hard to find in South Africa but expensive too! So I was well chuffed to get some of that. Also some lovely lampwork and Venitian glass beads, even some focals in glass, wood and shell that will be super for bead embroidery. I have taken a tonne of stuff - literally three boxes of beads. Its been quite a job counting them all up! On top of that most of her crystals and gemstone beads will only be coming in a few more weeks so more shopping in the offfing! I am constantly touched but how kind and generous crafty people are. Not only have we bought all these beads at extreme discount but we even got all the boxes in which they were stored free of charge.
I have also spent several evenings trying to catalogue all the beads we got from the House of beads closing down sale. We got tonnes of Miyuki's and a gorgeous selection of Swarovski crystals less 70%!




Arnt they pretty? So I will have to start using these soon, to make something gorgeous!

It took me forever to get the blog site sorted, eventually I did the smart thing and read the help manual. It shows not asking for help is not just a male thing! But things are looking better now so I am happy. I have got some finished pieces that just need photographing then I will put them up here for you to see.
Cheers


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such a nice blog post,i like to reading things like this.
    Wholesale Gemstone Beads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing such a nice blog post,i like to reading things like this
    Gemstones OnlineShop

    ReplyDelete