Pages

Monday 8 October 2012

The begining

This is my first ever attempt at blogging! I know if I was anymore backwards I would actually be a dinosaur!
So a little background. Im a student in Palaeontology (thats fossils to you and me) in Johannesburg due to be starting my PhD next year. In April I started a  jewellery business selling hand made beaded jewellery. Since starting my business Jet's Creations www.jetscreations.co.za huge new beading vistas have opended to me, so i felt it was time to start blogging some of these ideas to the rest of the world. As Im new to this thing the site may take a while to get set up properly but I will do my best.
In beading news then Im getting in a lot of new beads and stock today. The Original House of Beads shop in Villeria (Pretoria) is closing down  :( and we have made an offer on some of their stock so a load of beads coming my way today. On top of that at the Centurion Craft Show at the beginning of the month (more on that in another post) a women approached me with an offer. She runs a quilting shop in Irene. Some years ago she started a beading shop for her daughter who has since moved. She now has all the old stock from this shop in storage and offered it to me at basically cost price! How cool! So I am going there later today to do some shopping! It shows even if you dont do as well as you  like at a show sometimes the exposure and networking is much more important.
Bead Embroidered cuff called Woodlands
Okay thats a good start I will let you know how it goes.
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment