Pages

Tuesday 20 November 2012

Show troubles

What a weekend!
First there was the show on Saturday which was a complete disaster! There were a whole of FOUR stall holders there and about as many customers! I sold not a damn thing and wasted my whole morning talking to a bunch of ... . Lets just say it wasn't a fun day.
On the plus side on getting back to the farm and unpacking the Crafty Ladies Club was still going strong, so it was real nice to sit with then and unwind and chat with friends and crafters.

On Sunday I then went to a bead weaving class given by the Legend Manie Kriel and hosted by Petro v. Rensburg in Eldoraigne. I chose a lovely peyote stitch lariat in purple and gold. I seem to be gravitating to wards purple lately, I don't know what that says about me ;). I cant wait to get back to this project, although I have a box of Manie-kits that are all half started, something else always seems to come up! I have decided that rather than make a lariat I am going to turn the design into a kind of wrap-around bracelet. It will be nice to make something for myself. Lately all my creations land-up becoming stock - not that that stops me wearing them ;)
We are talking about hosting the next Manie class at the farm which will be really cool, it is such a peaceful setting.

I spent all of last week plus Saturday morning at the "show" working on the last piece for the wedding. A netting collar in blue. Only to realise on Saturday having spent a good four hours on the necklace and reached halfway that the design was not working and that I would have to restart! That was a little soul destroying. My problem was the bottom rows were not expanding enough so the collar was coming out as a straight strip of netting which was not going to fit around the neck.This is a BIG problem as the wedding is on Friday - I have to get this necklace finished before then. So I spent the later half of Sunday restarting. I even took yesterday afternoon off to work on it. This time I will take pictures of it, even if I have to stay up late in order to do so!

Okay its tea time and I definitely need a pick-up.
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment