Pages

Monday 5 November 2012

Reconstruction

A friend, a few weeks ago, showed me a gorgeous necklace of large Jade rounds with matching earrings that she owned. "Jeannette.." I said to her "please put it away cos I am not going to give it back to you!". And seriously I wasn't! It was just sooo beautiful. Good Jade beads is not something I have seen much of in SA, which is a pity. In the end this friend gave me the earrings and asked me to remake them. They were made up of a 8mm, 10mm and 12 mm bead each and were therefore quite heavy so she found she couldn't wear them. I remade the earrings using just the 10mm, which left 4 beads over.


Earring redesigned
 I was going to just give the beads back to her but the more I looked at them, the more I  fell in love with them. I just had to make something out of them so "Reconstructed" them into a pair of bracelets.

 I did the first one in a silver finish, I always go to silver first and then remembered that the earrings and necklace were finished in gold so then I made the gold bracelet.



 I have been wearing the latter all day and just love the look and feel of it. A subtle but brilliant burst of colour. I cant wait to show Jeanette how it all cam out!

I am making some wedding jewellery and the bride has just given the designs the thumbs up so Ill be busy with those in the next couple of days, I will show you all soon.

PS for the South African crafters the publishers of Craftwise and Stitches magazines have created a cool crafters forum/creative online community for people to share ideas and get advice and inspiration check it out at in2crafts.

Cheers for now

No comments:

Post a Comment