Pages

Monday 12 November 2012

Breathing Space

Ok, finally last week I got  (another) draft of my chapter to my supervisor, which gave me some breathing room to do some non-thesis related work. I finished a bead weaving piece that I have been busy with for a while. This necklace is one of Manie Kriel's (Manique) designs called Symphony.

At the Centurion Craft Show a customer bought the kit, as she wanted the necklace for a function, to go with her outfit,  but she did not want to make it, so yours-truly got roped into making the piece for her. It was actually kinda fun to work on. A nice easy herringbone pattern and using the Swarovski rondelles in it gave me some ideas for the wedding jewellery, which is almost finished.

I spent then my day off organising my beads, cos its gotten to the stage I cant find anything and cant remember what I have got or where I have put it, and when you are beading for a few hours in the evenings it is seriously irritating to have to spend hours searching for mislaid beads and findings, but I still got a long way to go.
Today I spent trying to find other show opportunities, especially with the holidays coming up, when people want to spend and are looking for interesting presents.
Ok I have got to go and take pictures of the wedding stuff to show you but here is a taster.

No comments:

Post a Comment