Pages

Thursday 3 October 2013

Bead Kits - Sneak Peak!

Hi All

The Centurion Craft Show starts tomorrow and there is still so much to do!

I wanted to show you a quick sneak peak at my new beading tutorials.

First there is a cocktail ring I made with a polymer clay flower, patterned ultrasuede and some beading around the edge. Its a very simple tutorial and is quick to make. The kit is available in green, red, blue and purple.

Flower cocktail ring

I made this beaded ring with the turquoise many months ago and it has caught the eye of many people! So I knuckled down and wrong it up, admittedly I had to remake the ring in order to get the directions right! It takes me at least two hours to make but its great to have a ready made ring at the end that fits! This kit is also available in an assortment of colours.

Notice the addition of the new logo in the images?

Crown ring kits

In this last project I wanted to create a project that could be used to teach a novice some basic skills for bead embroidery. I will be using this project to teach workshops during the show so I wanted something that could be finished in an hour or two. I intend to create more small simple bead embroidery projects focusing on different techniques. This kit is also packed with a selection of colours.

Although as I sit writing this I have suddenly realised that while I packed enough beads for both earrings in the kits I have only cut and packed enough backing and foundation material for one! Ooops! Oh well I needed to go to the bead shop to get thread and needles for the kits anyway, it was a lucky save!

Bead embroidery earrings kit

The kits have clear (I hope) instructions with diagrams (which I toiled over for hours) and enough beads, findings, needle and thread to complete the project. The only thing not provided is scissors, glue, beading mat and similar.

So come visit us at the Centurion Craft Show, Friday, Saturday or Sunday, to pick up a beading kit and check out many other cool crafts!

Love Jet

No comments:

Post a Comment